Announce “The First Joyful Mystery – The Annunciation” and then say the Our Father.
Say ten Hail Marys while meditating on the Mystery.
- The time for the Incarnation is at hand.
- Of all women God prepared Mary from her conception to be the Mother of the Incarnate Word.
- The Angel Gabriel announces: “Hail, full of grace! The Lord is with thee.”
- Mary wonders at this salutation.
- The Angel assures her: “Fear not . . . you shall conceive in your womb, and give birth to a Son.”
- Mary is troubled for she has made a vow of virginity.
- The Angel answers that she will conceive by the power of the Holy Spirit, and her Son will be called the Son of God.
- The Incarnation awaits Mary’s consent.
- Mary answers: “Behold the handmaid of the Lord. Be it done unto me according to your word.”
- The Word was made flesh and dwelt among us.
Spiritual Fruit: Humility
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Oh My Jesus:
O my Jesus, forgive us our sins. Save us from the fires of hell. Lead all souls into heaven, especially those in most need of thy mercy. Amen.